“I lost my daughter to Fentanyl”
Fernand Magnin of Victoria, Canada lost his daughter to a fentanyl overdose in May 2016. Bria Magnin Forster struggled with addiction for more than 10 years, but her death came shortly after she left a rehab program on the lower mainland. Fernand is sharing her story in the hopes of raising awareness about the need for better mental health and addictions supports for individuals who struggle. He is also working hard to dispel some of the myths about homelessness.
I believe a great number of North Americans have a skewed perspective on homelessness:
1) That it’s a choice
2) That it is solely a result of drug abuse
3) It’ll never touch our lives so we shouldn’t care about it.
For more information, check out my website [smallactbigimpact.com]